Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A New World

I just hit the jackpot! I just found secondaryworlds.com - a site for English teachers by Robert Rozema. It's a blog with great stuff, relevant stuff about teaching kids English. It also includes literary scavenger hunts, postings of student work and podcasts of his students reading from great works of literature. The student reading of "Maus" actually made me cry.

This is all good, but I will never get my laundry done!

Research shows that "games" is the word most frequently plugged into school search engines. This posting makes an argument for developing video games to engage students. Kids Play Games Online

2 comments:

Joy M-M said...

Thanks for the great blog suggestion.

RR said...

Thanks for the ping, and thanks for reading my blog. Let me know if you want to try any technology apps in your own classroom--I'm always looking to experiment.

Rob