Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Name That Blog!

When I worked as an ad writer, I was often assigned to name new products. This involved many tedious hours in a small cubicle compiling lists of possibilities for products such as lawnmower engines, rangehoods, forklifts and fuel additives.

So you'd think I'd be able to name a blog in one shot. This began as "bloggiest notion," which seemed like a clever play on words, but got old - fast.

Then, in an attempt to attract other future teachers, I tried "teacher-to-be" (taken), "futureteach" (taken), and "teacher-in-the-making" (" "), before settling on "off-to-teach."

The latter didn't last long because it simply doesn't make sense. ("Gotta go, guys, I'm off to teach!")

So here I am with, I hope, a final name for this series of rantings - "Runs with Sentences."

I hope you like it. More importantly, I hope you visit.

10-point trivia question: Who was the famous poet who was hired to come up with names for new automobiles?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great name for a blog! Love that. And I'm glad you posted a picture of Monty. First time I've seen a pic of him.

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could give us more of a challenge with the trivia question(s)? I mean, EVERYBODY knows the answer is Marianne Moore.